View Single Post
Old 21-06-2020, 01:38 PM   #500
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Pillars of Eternity

So, with a brand new, 64 bit computer, I pulled this out.

So far I got it again that the fights did not become faster. I'll dedicate to solo as challenged (forgot who you were, could check back on the forum), but up to this point party is forced on me.
And I'm not sure exp does come form killing things. Not that'd prevent me, but whatever.

I checked the manual, for what it worth, but nothing's there aside some point what's during character creation, so I'm playing blindly.
I'll even roleplay, and will see how things turn out. For the moment I'm Benevolent.
The character is a fighter, because those don't rely on party-skills and tedious magic. It also has the advantage compared to a barbarian that it regenerates Endurance as passive, what is an advantage if planning solo.
Race is Godlike - what else. Firey one to compensate for the loss of helmets.
Didn't drop my abilities under 10, neither went minmaxing race/class, so I have some bonus on might, constitution, and that last stat is maxed to defend against magic (I hope I got it right).
Aside that, picked Explorer from the pirate-area, because that made a good backstory with the sub/race. Turned out what's in my head, matched the fire-diety's description too, so I'm good until this.

What I'm not good though is, the program lying to me. The fighter-chick left my party, despite sleeping was the option to keep everyone in the party, and moving on was to leave behind sooner-or-later the guy.
I'm actualy fine how things are, I'm better off with a thief-help than with another warrior. Still, the program lying always hurts.
AND another lucky/twisted turn of events is, the fighter-chick stole our water. The water though is a quest-item, so fuck you. Lucky me only rested at the exit, so I got the loot (a cloak), so fuck you game.