Thread: Colonization
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 08:46 AM   #353
Oskatat
Game freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pex View Post
I never use Benjamin Franklin since I'm always at war with other European countries. I attack them as early as possible in the game and abandon their colonies using the people to bolster mine. Later I'm more selective, cause if they build a stockade, you cannot abandon the colony and to be honest, places they choose for their colonies are often ridiculous.

Speaking of stockades, Sieur de la Salle is another of the Founding Fathers that I always select, cause it saves a lot of building time (colonies with 3+ pop automaticly get a stockade). But once I have him, if I'm conquering another colony that has 3+ pop and no stockade, I make sure I leave only a couple of colonists in it before I end the turn. Providing that I want to abandon it, of course.
franklin only makes them offer peace, no call in accepting it untill they have no more nice targets to attack
I used to like de la salle, but he quickly becomes annoying and there are often better options around. Why annoying? when encountering silver rich lands, i tend to keep a farmer, a stateman, a soldier and, surprise, a silver miner, to make mobile silver mining camps. With Sieur, i cant abandon those cities anymore when the silver mine is exhausted. Yes, you can still mine some silver there, but its better to move on and build a city there, a real one, better location chosen etc, later on
Oskatat is offline                         Send a private message to Oskatat