View Single Post
Old 30-06-2012, 10:06 PM   #3373
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Quote:
You get at the end a report how many were saved, how many killed. 9 saved, 0 killed. Whut?
In this case I'd be more inclined to say that those civilians might have been "lost in action". Probably because a or the Chrysalids. Or maybe they were mind controlled.

Likewise, if you end a mission with one of your squaddies mind controlled then they will be "lost in action". That's why I think it might apply here.

Quote:
How so? In XCOM1 there's no 2-handed advantage as in Apocalypse.
That is true. But if I remember well, there is a 2-handed DISadvantage if you have something in your offhand and the weapon you are using is 2-handed.

Quote:
It's such a long thread that we keep repeating old discussions... :P
True. And it is also why I need to point out (again ) that it is very easy to do completely without simply by knowing where the aliens are likely to be and shooting down walls at key areas to make sure your LoS confirm there is no hidden alien, etc. And if you can do that then the scanner is nothing more than a waste of AP. Or at the very least a waste of space, which is a premium in this game in the Skyranger.

There is also the point of reliability. How the scanner work is that it show you an enemy who moved in the last turn. If you are hunting down an alien and he didn't move at all in the last turn then you'll get to think the area is clear when it is not and that's even worse than the reverse. I hate losing squaddies shot in the back simply because I wanted to save one or two turns.