View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 01:03 PM   #14
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
As I said you know nothing about the game. Viconia will have 25 STR with Crom Faeyr, a weapon only she will have proficiency in.
I know more than you do. Anomen and Korgan both start with warhammer proficiency and can even get grandmastery in this weapon type. All other warrior NPCs in the game can at least specialize and all clerics can be at least as proficient as Viconia. And I doubt it's wise wasting such a weapon for someone who gets only one base attack per round. Anomen or a self-made priest of Lathander can attack twice as often per round, warriors even more often.
And the hammer doesn't just jump into your hands, you have to find many other hidden items in optional areas first, chances are high that you a normal player won't ever get it and even if most of the game will be over then.

Quote:
You simply have no idea how Skull Trap (or traps in general) works.
It's a slow and cheesy process using metagaming knowledge to know where hard enemies will appear. Set your traps before any hostilities happen, let the enemies walk into them and take damage. Edwin alone can set 8 skulls traps in a row quite early in BG2, no need to spend even more time having your multiclass backup mage add even more less damage dealing ones. But why even bother setting those traps when there are other, less laborious ways to deal with monsters.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster