View Single Post
Old 15-10-2006, 09:50 AM   #1
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Seeing that we all have met the bugs, and realizing that for some it's causing hatred toward the game while for others it's just an additional laugh, here's the thread to post and maybe discuss the bugs and glitches. If you found a way around them, or a remedy, please post. Maybe you will find a solution here as well, who knows?

But mainly, I thought it would be a nice gallery

Ok, here goes:

Battlecruiser Millennium: The orbit-to-surface assault had just begun, and one of my shuttles carrying me and a tank met too tough resistance, so I decided to deploy the tank before touch-down. The tank, carrying me, started it's long fall down before leveling several houndred metres above ground. Then it went into HYPER SPACE Knowing that the game was never polished, I guess that's one of the hazards of combat you have to live with...

Panzer General 2: I found that as long as you had at least two units in the deployment pool, you could deploy one, move and fire, then un-deploy it back into the pool, re-deploy, move and fire and so on forever. The crucial point were that when the unit was deployed and you clicked "next turn", then the fun ended. But as long as you did it in a single turn, you could use any cappy unit to clear the enemy front line in a single turn. That way I usually ended up with starting the German campaign with at least two level 15 tanks with leaders.

Daggerfall: EVIL BUG. For no apparent reason (all patches installed) the save games would die, the game deleting a crucial file in the save game folder. I never found a remedy except backing up the save games at a regular rate.

Ultima IX: Mostly graphics related, you know: having a barrel for head, skeletons' re-building screw-ups and that sort of things, but there were some serious issues that made the game unplayable after a while: The game would start to lag no matter the hardware, to the point where you would have to exit to desk top and re-start. I read tons of pages, but I never found a way to fix this. Also, the game's crash frequency took to the sky like a missile as the game progressed. If anyone has any idea how to fix this, I would be grateful.
This is a site with some nice screens of UIX glitches: http://www.it-he.org/ultima9.htm

Baldur's Gate: EVIL BUG. After completing Durlag's Tower, the game would crash when I entered Baldur's Gate. No remedy found.