View Single Post
Old 23-12-2013, 03:07 AM   #39
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by florianix View Post
Well... there are many books that can be read (and liked) on "different levels".
About racism and cruelty within the ones that were written in a different time - most fairytales are also not suitable for children if you want to apply a too restrictive scale.
Well, I was omnivore in this age - but forced one, as there was not much books at all in my town, even counting libraries. And I can compare with current situation, seeing that some books are not very appropriate to kids.

Fairy tales are was quite heavy censored already, I think. I can only remember Hans Christian Andersen that is treated here as children writer... when he is not.
Quote:
And looking at what TV programmes they produce for children... I'd say that Huck Finn seems on the harmless side. Not that I like that, but children of that age are nowadays probably exposed to much more inappropriate stuff as we used to be.
Well... not here, probably. At least not for "12-" (We have "12+" border, and this is different content
Quote:
At least for me - I'm already 38 ...ahem... let's just say old.
Hi, brother. 38 here, boy - 11, girls - 7 and 7.