View Single Post
Old 17-04-2008, 10:00 PM   #4
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

An excellent game, one of two Warren Spector convinced Garriott to make using the Ultima VI engine, before Garriott gots the usual shakes for new technology. I reviewed it when it first came out, and loved the thing. Still have the box and all--one of the few where I've kept anything other than discs, manual and (where available) map.

Just a few hints, which I can still recall despite not having played it since the original release:

Remember that unlike most RPGs, you can use a lot of stuff you find. Some of it can be combined to form new objects. This is especially important where a certain very large and annoying creature above a very high mesa is concerned.

You'll find some old, familiar faces from comic movies past in the game. You can loot their tribe for a lot of food. Nobody cares. Fun dialog, too.

As in the Ultima games, designate at least one party member as your spellcaster, and regularly raise their intelligence. Spells can be very beneficial to you, and there are next to no magical objects like rings and enchanted swords to replace them with (unlike the later Ultima titles).

Last edited by Borodin; 19-04-2008 at 06:09 PM.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin