View Single Post
Old 14-02-2013, 02:36 PM   #1
Monstroooo

Thumbs up Resonance - A New Game in Old Clothing

Has anyone played Resonance?

It's an old-school point'n'click adventure game, but released recently (just last year, I think). It looks and plays a lot like Broken Sword. There are innovations - like Switchable characters, interactive "mini-games", long-term memory and (very cleverly done) player death - which freshen up the genre. But otherwise it's just a proper old school adventure.

And I reckon it's brilliant.

The real star is the story: clever, engaging and mysterious. What I particularly like is that some of best bits are only real possible by putting them into a game. Sure, it would make a pretty interesting TV show, but the interactivity really adds impact. It's built in the spirit of proper sci-fi, but adds human stories into the mix. As the game progresses, so the story becomes more compelling (with more than a couple of "Holy Smokes!" moments). It's tough but fair - less obscure than Monkey Island, but more challenging than Broken Sword.

Just wondering if anyone else has given it a whirl, and what they thought of it?
Monstroooo is offline                         Send a private message to Monstroooo