Thread: SpiDoL's Offers
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 02:25 AM   #30
SpiDoL
Game Wizzard

Default Better versions of MK 1 and 2

Ahem ... Sorry about that, but you haven't told me how to upload the MK3 rip to FTP yet.

And another thing:
Nyerguds mentioned in the ISO cellar that there was a CD-based version of MK 1 and 2, that had much better sound and music than the floppy version. I quickly found and downloaded it, and he was right:

-MK1 now has sound quality just like the arcade version, and is set up more like MK2 menu-wise. It's also a lot less laggy and more smooth than before.

-MK2 is still restricted to MIDI music, but is still better than the version already on this site. It's more smooth, the buy-in screen works properly in DOSBox, and the copyright screen stays on screen longer, making it easier to access the cheat menu.

I'd like to put the new versions of MK 1 and 2 on your main site. I might be able to put the entire ISO on there, as it's only 50 MB uncompressed. I wrote a review for MK3, and I can write new reviews for MK 1 and 2 as well! Or if you're gonna put the ISO on its own page as "Mortal Kombat 1 and 2 Double Pack", I can write a review for just that.
SpiDoL is offline                         Send a private message to SpiDoL