View Single Post
Old 22-09-2004, 03:43 AM   #6
Chef Boyardee
Game freak

Send a message via MSN to Chef Boyardee

It's Wednesday, which means it's time for another Album of the Week again (although nobody listens to them =P). This week I've chosen to upload the album "Traveler" by The Lord Weird Slough Feg.

The Lord Weird Slough Feg is an incredibly obscure name in the world of metal, but this doesn't mean that it should be ignored. Artistically, they play like the older bands, Iron Maiden, Manowar, Ozzy, so if you're looking for something with an almost older or more mature feel, this is definitely the band for you. Heavy guitars with absolutely astounding drums make this album incredible. You can tell it hasn't been editted heavily in studios, that it's done through a labor of love and not through machines and programs that change everything.

What's incredible about this album though are the artist's voices. I found them to be beautiful in most cases, and the way the voices come together to form chords with not only themselves but also with guitars is just fascinatingly beautiful. I found myself entranced by the singing style more than once, particularly on the song "Vargr Moon". The harmonious blending of voices is just so incredible and unique that it really sucks you into the music.

One of the really fun aspects of this album, though, is that it's based off of a 70's role playing game called Traveler. When I listen to these lyrics, I get so many ideas for writing stories. Listening to this album is like listening to someone reading a science-fiction novel, it's really cool in a nerdy way. All of the songs are about how the mysterious "Professor" is trying to commit genocide by waging a gene war on the aliens. Really cool stuff actually. Sample it below.

The Professor's Theme (my personal favorite)
The Final Gambit

The Lord Weird Slough Feg - Traveler

Well, enjoy!
Chef Boyardee is offline                         Send a private message to Chef Boyardee