View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 12:23 AM   #218
slavestate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
Wiz7 depends a lot on game technics, unfortunately.
You need to know which class can easily change class with which requirements, to maximize HP and spell damage output. But on top of that, you also need to know certain encounters ahead of time, basically it's just easy to be won if you play as if you played the second time.

Amen.. Im still crawling my way through the game I re-started a couple years ago (Just finished joining the Umpani army and running my errands for em)..
I remember when I bought it brand new and two days later I HAD to have my mom take me back to Software Etc to buy the clue book. I dont know how Sir-Tech ever expected anyone to get anywhere without it..

I just ran into that whole character class problem the other day and I just hit level 10 with all of my characters.. I used DSCHEAT to change my Fairie Priest into an Elf (so she can become a Valkyrie now) but even using the editor, there were still some numbers and attributes that were initially set because of my race that I couldnt change like the tiny carrying capacity a Fairie character gets (I liked the base AC it kept though hah).. Had to go through all the trouble of setting up a Virtual PC with WinXP so I could install the good old WizEdit (it wont install in a 64bit environment) and THAT one finally got it all back to normal..

This is just one of those tough old RPG's that even with using all the online help and info you can get the game is just written to be difficult.. Youll hit an encounter and get a group that absolutely lays waste to your party in 2 minutes.. Then re-load your savegame, hit the same encounter and this time its 2 lowly Vampire Rooks or something that you wipe out in 2 seconds.. Its all about how the game wants to go hehe.

Ive never played Cosmic Forge or #8 but the entire series has always been known as one of the most frustratingly difficult RPG's..
slavestate is offline                         Send a private message to slavestate