View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 10:02 AM   #213
Wicky
the little viking

Wiz7 depends a lot on game technics, unfortunately.
You need to know which class can easily change class with which requirements, to maximize HP and spell damage output. But on top of that, you also need to know certain encounters ahead of time, basically it's just easy to be won if you play as if you played the second time. (if you know what i mean... uhm, like, carrying that wooden plank because you know, that in a few lightyears this plank will make a certain encounter, at some point of the game, more easy)

Overall, not a game for me. I started it with a recommended party (from dlh.net - dirty little helper, which specializes in cheats and sureproof walkthroughs) but at some point it just became boring. I do not recomment W7 because of it's abruptness in story line, ie. sword swinging fighters who suddenly encounter aliens with laserguns) but well I admit, that to many people who know the storyline beforehand it is very appealing, albeit depending on knowledge of the entire plot.

It is sure fun for the first 7-8 levels, and I spent lots of hours enjoying it, nonetheless. Still, despite all the fun, I always had this feeling growing up my spine which told me "You should restart, and make all choices better from where you began this time"... it's a creepy feeling, well, but it's unique to Wizardry7.

I recommend to rather play Ultima Underworld 1+2 and/or one of the more recognized RPG dungeon crawlers.

Last edited by Wicky; 07-03-2010 at 10:10 AM.
Wicky is offline                         Send a private message to Wicky