View Single Post
Old 18-12-2019, 06:18 PM   #7
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
In fact i am little conservative person.

But i have 30 days to fatal date.
Don't you just wish back Windows XP
Anyway, yes, I gotta also agree with Capo that Windows 10 has it's good points over Windows 7, maybe the 8/8.1 one as well. It's newer, for one, and many drivers are defaulting to Windows 10 at least nowadays. It's stable as well, unless it introduces some nasty bug with some recent update (as it did a few times).

Now for the contras - like mentioned before, at least the feature updates are forced, smaller ones can be disabled via Windows troubleshooter tool, downloaded here (scroll further down to Choose your automatic updates) - if you don't want a particular driver forced upon you, or just an update which just came out and online news clearly say it's buggy.
Another contra is that quite a few services, at least in build 1803 and newer, will be grayed out for you in services.msc - you can not start them, you can not stop them, or set them to automatic or anything. Just greyed out, even if your account is Administrator. That includes the Windows Time Service, which for that very reason simply does not synchronize the clock on your computer with any server - as the Time service it on Manual, can't be changed to anything, and doesn't start with anything. At least you can manually adjust the time if you get to it through the classic Control Panel.

Just so you know what to expect with Windows 10. It's not bad per say, but there are a few unpleasant things with it, where you get no choice.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty