View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 10:18 PM   #2
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Don't have the first Yendorian Tales of the trilogy, but I do have Yendorian Tales Book I: Chapter 2 and The Tyrants of Thaine, full versions.

Actually of the former there're three versions.
1. An earlier shareware version they stopped distributing after some time back then, which technically is 100% full game simply requiring a password (which could be purchased to unlock the game for full version content, or simply browsed for in the in-game clue book due to a small glitch) on a certain location in the world to proceed. The only thing making it a shareware is the main menu stating it, which is probably why they stopped distributing that version later.
2. A later small shareware version which only has the shareware part of the game data. It could be activated by using some files after ordering the full game, those files then converted the game and added game data for it to become a full version, making it bigger.
3. Full version as the result of conversion of the shareware version above.

The 1. and 3. version are those I do have of Chapter 2, together with Tyrants of Thaine, so if it's ok with the admins and/or updaters I can upload them. However it's been many years since I last played Yendorian Tales Book I: Chapter 2, and I never had a go at The Tyrants of Thaine yet, so I wouldn't be able to come up with a review of either of the two at the moment.
In any case this less-known game series (at least the full versions) is becoming pretty hard to find lately since the closure of the SW Games few years ago, it would be a shame seeing it disappear from the net.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty