View Single Post
Old 15-04-2008, 03:55 PM   #109
RettMikhal

Wow, I finally did it.

This game was impossible for me to beat as a kid, even on Easy. Now, through sheer determination and boredom at my job, I have done just that. Impossible. I beat this game... on Impossible difficulty. Neutral Territories have 10 archers and 6 infantry? Yep. Dealt with it. Pope comes knocking every month and demands 4 gold? I was blessed. Burgundy came all the way from the opposite side of the world with 19 men into my precious Albion? Beat him back.

Lose 5 knights/archers for every saboteur? Build more. All the Iron is on the other side in Burgundy's domain? Took it. Valois has 20 strong army and all siege weapons? Defended.

Aragorn refused to die in his one territory and somehow made an army 30 units strong (which is bull, how could he AFFORD to pay for them, or feed them, AND raise them, with just one territory of iron, no blessing, and no allies. Black Market?) Whittled him down. Beat him back. Lovin' it.

Oh, yeah, and for all those stupid donations I had to put up with, I killed the Pope. Don't worry, I ceded a section of land for him... and then I killed him on it. On the field, not in the castle, is where the last stand should be, with 30 archers on my side and 20 knights.

My job REALLY needs to stop paying me to sit in a cube. It's becoming dangerous.

RettMikhal is offline                         Send a private message to RettMikhal