View Single Post
Old 23-10-2007, 04:37 PM   #106

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 21 2007, 06:21 AM) [snapback]312202[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
... this game is v hard.. revolt happen a lot even when i have a lot of castle -_-; i dont get how u can havw only 1 castle for 4-5 provinces... i have to build 1 for each..

and that is times consuming then a huge army attack me T-T

Help~~~ any good tips on this?
[/b]
A 100+ Point Castle will prevent revolts in the tile it is built in and all the tiles surrounding the tile that it is built in (as well as doubling the amount of resources able to be harvested from its own tile i.e. 2 instead of 1 Gold, Wood, Iron or Food).

A 50+ Point Castle will prevent revolts only in the tile it is built in (as well as doubling the amount of resources able to be harvested from its own tile i.e. 2 instead of 1 Gold, Wood, Iron or Food). This also includes 100+ Point Castles that have been Sabotaged below 100 Points.

So if a tile does not have a Castle in it, or does not touch a tile you own with a 100+ Point Castle in it, it will revolt. Plan your Castles and your Kingdom so 100+ Point Castles touch as many tiles as possible and double think capturing vacant tiles that would require another Castle to be built , especially early in the game.

As for strategy, happy Armies defeat unhappy Armies, Knights defeat Infantry and Archers (even in Castle battles), and because defending Armies have only half their regular strength, attacking Armies defeat defending Armies.

So keep a happy Army, get Knights ASAP and lots of them, and always retreat when attacked.

After retreating counter attack. Now you have the advantage of a full Army. Try to counter attack with two attacks at the same time, and your enemy will soon have their Army reduced to 1/4 of its strength. Without an Army they will become easy pickings, so continue the attack while they're down and take them out of the game.

Other tips:

Play as Aragon, you usually only have to face Anjou and Burgundy as you start, plus you can usually seal off a perimeter quickly and comfortably.

In battles I find it best to stack all your troops together so they will always outnumber the enemy when they make contact. In open battles stack them at the extreme top or bottom so they encounter the enemy one on one. In Castle battles make sure your Knights are stacked together close to the Castle door.