Thread: Diablo Ii
View Single Post
Old 29-09-2008, 07:55 PM   #67
Balthasar
Forum hobbit

Quote:
but if Planescape: Torment with its utter lack of non-linearity, completely arbitrary character development and rather vapid and generic quest structure is an RPG, then so is the Diablo series.
To tell the truth...Planescape Torment disappointed me much. It is a RPG but a crappy one in my opinion.

Quote:
Icewind Dale are less RPGs than Planescape: Torment
I wouldn't say so. Icewind Dale isn't that great like Baldurs Gate (if you want to compare similar games) but it is way better than Planescape.

Quote:
because they're the sort of people that don't understand the roots of this genre and only concern themselves with "deep" and "complex" games, which in reality are really games with gameplay made for babies
Hmm, maybe i don't know the roots too. I started off with games like Eye of the Beyholder or Clouds of Xeen and that sort of games somehow coined me. As i first played Diablo I i missed all these things i had in those games. So that's why i wouldn't call it a RPG. But ppl can call it that way either. I don't mind. In the end it's just a word and i think everybody will fill it out with its own meaning. I like the "deep" and "complex" baby-style way :bleh:
Balthasar is offline                         Send a private message to Balthasar