View Single Post
Old 18-07-2020, 03:55 PM   #506
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Grim Fandango

Ok, so the Remaster demands an unsubstantiated hardware, and there are a couple of visual glitches, and the character runs instead of screen-teleports.

My main issue is though, I have zero idea what to do.
I know my main goal is to get some prime client, that's fine.
I also know I'd somehow start fire at the festivel. I have no means though.
I should probably hack the pipe delivery, but can't get through its door, or other way reach the handle, which camera spot was just a lucky pixel-hunt for me.

I dunno why I have a deck of cards, why I have access to infinite baloon-animals (or how to blow an unused baloon), what to do with the sacrifical bread (I suspect it could be used to attract the birds on the boss' level, but no means how or why - also no idea what these mean in the real world, so no clue from there either), probably should find a way to climb to the roof of the working building but no idea how.

The game also has obvious stolen elements from Day of the Tentacle, and Discworld Noir.

I don't see the appeal, and I don't think the game is good. I think Lucastarts payed heavy money, and lent on its existing remaining fame to spread this rumor for better longterm sales.

Last edited by twillight; 18-07-2020 at 03:59 PM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight