View Single Post
Old 28-11-2004, 11:42 AM   #1
Kosta
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

There has been a lot of talk about translating Abandonia to foreign languages lately, so if you are interested, here's the procedure and things you should be aware of:
  • 1. When we say "translating Abandonia", we don't mean just the page layout, but the content as well. This includes all game reviews, but not manuals (yet) Be aware that there are over 400 games on the site and this is no small task.
  • 2. Once you have decided that you REALLY want to do it, you should notify Kosta about it. He will create an admin account using which you will be able to translate the interface into your language. After that is done, you can start working on reviews.
  • 3. For each language in which Abandonia appears, there is a separate administration page. This means you will be able to add translations and post news by yourself, without mine or anyone else's help. However, in order for me to open up the admin account for you, you will have to supply 150 reviews prior to that. This is needed because I want to see that you are really determined to do this.
  • 4. Once the 150 reviews have been done, you're on your own. Send me a PM and I'll make it all happen! Consistency is the main thing when updating your language-specific page. Try and make at least one translation every few days and add the games consistently through time. Basically keep the site alive k:

Kosta is offline                         Send a private message to Kosta