View Single Post
Old 14-06-2005, 11:00 PM   #7
Flop
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by The Picard@Jun 15 2005, 12:22 AM
I love this game as well. Playing Germany is a hoot and I love playing as the Netherlands and expand the fleet. Build the four battlecruisers we where going to build but never got around to. Build the three aircraft carriers we where going to build after the war but which where cancelled due to budgettary constraints.
Also playing France and actually attacking in September 1939 is a challenge and therefore a lot of fun.

The research is a little limited in HoI2 I agree but it is not enough to subtract from the game. what I would like to see is more diversification among nations. Right now the only difference is the land and sea doctrines. I would like to see more technical differences, maybe some more politics as well.
My advice is to drop the battlecruisers and stick with the aircraft carriers. The larger ships tend to get obsolete once people start to get better aircraft tech.

I did like the research in HOI better, I must admit, but I'm sure patches are being made at this moment to improve HOI 2's tech tree. One thing I really don't like is the huge negative research modifier from researching future techs. I think it's good that you're not able to tech rush in a specific area, but you kind of lose your historical edge as Germany, when the Russians have tanks as good as yours, three months after you research them.

That said, HOI 2 is superior to the first one in pretty much every other area.
Flop is offline                         Send a private message to Flop