View Single Post
Old 15-02-2007, 05:08 PM   #27
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tito @ Feb 12 2007, 11:33 PM) [snapback]278993[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Quinto, I think that "The Confessions" must be an interesting book to read even if you are not into christianism. If I am not mistaken, Saint Augustine's philosophy is a basic pillar of european knowledge during the Middle-Ages, so it is worth knowing some of his works (I'm not into christian religion, but I studied in a school called "Saint Augustine", by the way).

About "Hearth of Darkness", I have to agree with you and Lulu_Jane. Brilliant book, and brilliant film also. I've read some other Conrad's books, but they weren't so rich and deep.
[/b]
Well, I think that The Confessions is only about religion, but with just a bit of "sillogistic" reasoning, so someone could say that is philosophic... that's just MY opinion, so I could be wrong. There are others books by him which are only philosophic (don't remember the names :P )

I love all the books (I've read) by Conrad and I find all them rich and deep at the same level...

I read just one book by Pratchett (Sorcery): it was funny indeed, but I think that the italian translation is awfull :tai: