View Single Post
Old 08-02-2005, 01:28 PM   #30
william_is_bob

Not even total war: Rome has as much other fun elements, like participate in games and negotiate with seperate heads of states, although the 3D battles is alot better than centurion i have ot say, but it gets old.

As for chariot race, the trick is to pick the lightest chariot, and take the left side without crashing into other chariots. Once to get into the inside lane, just beat the horse untilt o ge the max speed and maintain it and ride all the wau to the end, you have to make sure you can get to the inside lane wihtotu bumping into other chariots and have no other chariots in your way. It is a bug, I remember years ago, that if you do it at the right time, you never loose a race, I use to make aseveral years pay for my troops in the circus, I got so good that i dont even gather taxes anymore.

And getting laid by cleopatra is true, I did it myself, you just see some skin and some flirting and that is it, no need to piss your pants over it.

Other than that, the game gets real old pretty quick. Someone suggested that you pull all the troops back and raise taxes and let every province rebel reconquer them over again, that is if you are bored and do not have other old dos games to play with. Which I have to say that Total War: Rome is merely a adequet sequel to centurion. Which makes you wonder, if all the good game ideas have been done and over with.

W