Thread: Diablo Ii
View Single Post
Old 28-09-2008, 08:21 AM   #63
Balthasar
Forum hobbit

Quote:
For those who say this is not an RPG, you're definetly wrong. Just because it has a weaker story and less strategy in it, doesn't mean it's an RPG. It has a whole bunch of RPG elements actually:
Hmm..i never played Diablo II, so i can only refer to what Blood-Pigggy is writing in his (btw really good) review. But i played the first part of it and i can say the following:

I started playing it and came into this little village. After some few minutes i came into the dungeon. I said to myself "OK, lets get to this evil monster here, bring back some treasures and become more experience. This is the first dungeon so i guess i'm out here before lunch."..Uhh what a mistake. After i came to the 10th level (or so) i slowly realised, that this will be the hole game. Hack'n Slash till the very end. No NPC's with quests to solve, no party of characters, no real puzzles, no land to discover and a minimum of skills to build up. Seriously, this is not the type of "RPG" that i prefer, even though it might be a good action game.

Quote:
Your character and every item in the game was a whole bunch of stats, there's a whole bunch of enemies,each with different weaknesses, and don't forget the bosses
That might be true but a RPG is a bit more in my opinion. Think of great RPG's like Might & Magic, Baldurs Gate or The Dark Eye. Those RPG's had some major things in common: The freedom to explore your world, the freedom to choose the way in which order you want to do this, the many attributes (like skills and race) of your characters which make them a true individual and last but not least a good story behind the game itself. So in my opinion Diablo has nothing to do with a good RPG.

Greets B.
Balthasar is offline                         Send a private message to Balthasar