View Single Post
Old 23-01-2007, 07:45 PM   #6
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

Thanks for the compliment, Quin, though I used a lot of sources which I prob should credit. I borrowed some elements from Ocean Fairies, an illustrated ebook I did a few years ago. Ardy Scott did the original girl in O.F. and I repainted her clothes and hair and gave her a wet look. Ardy also did the original penguins which I've redone to fit this picture. The seagull was a PSP tube that I repainted the colours of. And the seals were from a photo which I almost completely redid. I like repainting and rework my own dozens of times. All done using the scroll pad on this laptop. I work a bit messily as PSP isn't meant as an illustration program and airbrush work tends to look streaky unless you smudge or work on it in some way.

I really liked your picture and it was fun examining the details. I like how you used the concept of flight to show the next level. It was great how you didn't spell everything out too clearly so viewers could put their own interpretation on the picture. I wondered if by showing the manlike creature above the world, you weren't only showing his capability to conquer the elements through technology but also through mankind's future development as a species kind of rising above physical limitations. The glow around the figure hints at a possible enlightened being. Interesting how you used a coglike structure as the vehicle. It was both representative of all technology and womblike and protective of the small figure.

Just a thought, Quin, do we need to have judging this time around....seeing as there's only two entries and they're so different to each other. Perhaps we could just let the pictures stand for anyone who wants to toss around a comment....if anyone does. *g* It's up to you...I don't mind.
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree