View Single Post
Old 22-03-2006, 09:29 PM   #3
Lord Zero

Quote:
Originally posted by Guesty McGuest@Mar 8 2006, 12:35 AM
I've been playing Blood on a computer with Windows 98, and I've enjoyed the pixelated gore, but occasionally it crashes, and always in the same spots. While I'm playing, the game will suddenly stop and the screen is filled with large white nonsense text. I have this same problem with Duke Nukem 3D, so it must have something to do with the Build engine.

I first played it inside Windows, but it kept crashing in one spot. I tried restarting in MS-DOS and then running it, which worked for a while, but then it crashed at a later point. I then tried using the boot disk on this site, and it didn't crash at the second spot, but I couldn't get sound to work that way, and it probably still would have crashed at a later point. The troubleshooting tips that came with the game didn't help.

So does anybody have any helpful ideas? I don't know anything about computers besides what I've written here, so please be gentle.
Actually, if it's on the level that's like a cathedral, there is a gargoyle near the entrance that will crash the game when it animates. Either download the last patch, or don't approach the thing. IT's a documented bug that was never really fixed (it will still crash the game from time to time), but the patch helps.
Lord Zero is offline                         Send a private message to Lord Zero