View Single Post
Old 30-07-2015, 01:42 PM   #3
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

I got this games from Shadow_Stalker recently too. This Win games are strange, indeed. I was able to run Robot. Once. After that it crashed each time with the error. *shrugs* Seems, it doesn't like Win8 x64.

ORGDIS is named "Dismal Passages (Original version)" on author's site.

Funny thing is that while first part is slightly differs by name (original is simply "Dismal Passages", remake is "Dismal Passages Part I: The Wicked Curse"), Dismal Passages 2, mentioned in the original and remake, have totally different sub-names.

Also, Original and Remake are totally different in gameplay (original is flat, remake is two-dimensional), so we need both, I think.

Also, notice: it seems, Dark Convergence 2 is not complete game. It honestly says "Act I" in the start of the game, and whole game, actually (I checked walkthru on Youtube to be sure). Also, main exe named dc2pt1.exe. Meanwhile, readme.txt says about both acts of game. So it need to be renamed accordingly, I suppose... and part 2 is still missing. :/

Side note: I was surprised how similar all Jeff Knitz games to each other, so now I have no much desire to seek remaining ones, actually...

Last edited by Smiling Spectre; 30-07-2015 at 01:48 PM.
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre