View Single Post
Old 14-11-2004, 04:39 PM   #13
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by Puffin@Nov 14 2004, 07:20 PM
If you have 20 10-year-olds, who hand in a small essay or a project, it takes some while reading over it at home and so on.
But having 400 16-20-year-olds, handing in maybe 5 page essays, and you need to read them all over? That's a BIT more work, I believe. With all due respect.
Well, you have those children all day - all of the lessons (5 lessons X 20 children would make 100 children).
You need to take care of such smnall things like: don't pull her hair, take that pencil out of your ear,...
You must prepare a lot of material (only the lazy ones use coursebooks, because that's just an easy way out, you have to be more personal).
You become a role model to those children and they'd all like so share something with you (so you'll need 20 pairs of eyes and ears, not to mention some spare nerves,...).
I dodn't think it's so demanding until I've tryed it myself - almost 95% of teachers are extremly diilisioned about their job describtion when they start to work!!!
I've never seen a coillage professor wipe a bloody nose (and believe I have a weak stomach as it is).
Trust me - when and if you'll become a mother, and you'll say it's difficoult to rais a child - just remember that a teacher has 20 of them and then think about this again.
In many aspects it's actaully easier to work as a collage profesor.
The reason why they get higher payment is not that their work would be harder, but because they are required to have a higher education!!!
And no strike is going to change that!
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos