View Single Post
Old 16-08-2009, 09:40 AM   #25
Psychosis

Fist of all this game is not the first of its kind , i guess that would be a manager on a zx spectrum or bbc or some computer like that. ( I had a bbc , and it had a football manager and the basics were the same as this one ).

I personaly liked the game anstoss better ( if im not mistaken released in 1990 on Amiga ), ok its a german release ( dont now if there was a english release ) , but still.

It has way more advanced gameplay than championship manager, positioning of players for example , this was later introduced in other football manager games , rather than the position of a player being static like cd , lb and so on , it introduced players playing on multiple positions , for example the left back has also the capability to play left midfield , this player could be set to start on the left back position and advance to the left midfield position to free up other players , this way tactics become way more advanced because one has not only have to choose the position for a player , but also the position relative to another player , this way one could for example set sertain players to overrun an opponents weaker position , this means just like in real football , one player is better playing against a club due to his position and relative position than against another club where another player would be better.