View Single Post
Old 02-02-2023, 09:07 AM   #550
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Crossroad

This is one of those action-jRPG stuffs, fortunately this is real time combat instead of turn based.

I've played ... let's say the tutorial secont as demo, which probably gives a good idea how everything works.
Though it is annoying how much tutorial there is: there is the game's tutorial, which puts you on max-level or something, and makes it pretty obvious what the plot will be, along pretty much showing melee being that stronger option.
Following that you are turned lvl 1, and are forced to use ranged damage. Annoying as heck, but ok...
Following THAT turns out this is a Matrix, so you have to do the ingmae MMO's tutorial, where you fight the endboss, as you do. I laready hate the pacing.
Following THAT comes Day 1 in the game, which turns out to be a couple-hours long tutorial, where you experience basic questing, town structure, party control (you get a free party-member, that is controlled by an AI, meaning it is just extra firepower), shopping, crafting, exploring...
Yes, too many tutorials.

Speaking about the exploring, I personaly had trouble judging terrain-elevation, so had to hit up a walkthrough how to reach certain chests. Bugger.
And of course what you find is better than what you can buy (it's a comlpicated barter-system, which is pretty much crafting), so again the problem arise, that spending resources on crafting / buying stuff is a waste of time.

Now before you run away, I have to tell you, this is a very solid-looking game. Sure,it has too much playtime that feels like tutorial, and could use better shading to show elevation player-friendly, but the mechanics, the interface, the story is good, and while I could use more action between the tlaking-cards, this is not on the obnoxious level like most "japaneese" games.

As it is at 50% discount on GoG (the DLC of unknown content 33%, but that's sufficiently cheaper anyway), I think it worth your 10 bucks.