View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 10:36 PM   #49
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Just some quick levelguide to the above game:

Level1: pretty streightforward. The real dangers are some unique to this level monsters, like Unfriendly AI. If you have the buglary skill it really worth to try to not find shops until you have the 5-finger discount, I just "stole" an 8* weapon ("stolen" items from store are randomly generated in the inventory unlike from vending machines).
Also: it is possible you get an impossible start where there are too many monsters in the first room. This is independent from your skill choice.

lutefisk tithe: maximum 3 star weapons, or 1 star for anything else. I wish I'd have preserve that crossbow getting damage reduction... But couldn't re-roll it again (and I left the game alone for whatever and the autosave overwrote itself with that time's current item)

subquests of inqonsequentia: the target locations/monsters are always marked on the minimap for the quest's duration

inside the wall: sometimes you can see unroofed areas totally sorrounded by walls. Those are valid location, but only reachable by breaking down walls, or the random teleportation of mathemagics (fat chance...). There MIGHT be an item what is determined by the map-level you are on.

Level 2: the uniqueness here is a "zoo", an area filled with monsters and coloured on the minimap. You have a chance to close its door if you find it too early. Seems if you kill all things from here you get a quest-reward (item).
The other potentially lethal thing is when mumies cast some purple fog effect. It is rare to cast, and placed at random location. If it is combined with a "haywire" effect (critical success for spells) in every turn it damages like 30 hp. Just telling.

lutefisk tithe: maximum 6 star weapons or 3 star anything else (in extreme cases maybe 4)

Level 3: the potential danger here is the size of the local zoo. You simply have to run back and rest while doing nothing, as they are so many you can easily run out of supply and they'll still coming.
The other threat here is also related to the zoo. If a bunch of octopus grouped together it is very hard to dispose them as they all have ranged attack and won't chase you around (instead they are moving random). So you either have to be very patient and wait until 1-2 separates from the mob, or get the Hunter's Lure skill (in case you are without ranged attack).
Oh, and do not stand in goo.

lutefisk tithe: weapons 6 stars (in extreme cases 8), anything else 4 stars (in extreme cases 6)

level 4: No good game is without error. Well, first, this level is nothing exciting finally. Really, quite calm. Bad news is: I saw my first magic golem. What's a magic golem? One of the few monsters (and a trap, so I'll have to pay attentiion) what destroys your equipment! If they get into melee range! No wonder all builds I've found on the net are all spellcaster (= ranged) builds it seems...

lutefisk tithe: weapons: 7 stars, anything else 5 stars
But in the shops I saw an only craftable (so you can't find it laying on the ground or get from lutefisk) 10 star mace... I sooo want it... But it is costy. I have 45K coin... And it demands 75K!

Last edited by twillight; 04-02-2013 at 07:59 PM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight