View Single Post
Old 14-04-2010, 05:47 AM   #3
hunvagy
Thread Necromancer

Send a message via MSN to hunvagy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire View Post
Hi folks.

I been trying to run UFO: Aftermath again on my computer, but didn't manage to make it run since the last time I updated my graphic card drivers.

Now, I know that the best thing to try would be to update my drivers with the most recent version... However, when I go to Nvidia site and download the latest version for my graphic card... It simply don't work. At all. XP actually reboot in a 8 (or 6 I don't remember) bit graphic mode in the lowest resolution setting... And I can't change a thing.

The new version I want to install is 175.16 and what I currently use (and which works great except for this game) is the version 6.14.11.6371 dated from 2007-09-17.

So I was wondering if any of you guys knows of a better way to update my drivers so it would actually work with all or most games.

Any help would be appreciated.

-EoF
Interesting my ATI 9600XT was supported until last year. Maybe you should check what the last driver is that supports your series and up(or down)grade to that and stick with it. I don't know nVidia cards that much, but if it's around the same series as mine, you should be able to run games up to 2006 or so and later if they don't require Shader 3.0.