View Single Post
Old 16-12-2004, 11:56 PM   #1
feminista
Abandonia nerd

I love Legend of Kyrandia 2: Hand of Fate so much, that I obtained a version with voices (the CD-ROM version). However, when I try to run it with VDMSound (or DOSBOX), it says "CD-ROM drivers are required to play Hand of Fate". Of course, I have drivers for my CD-ROM, though I updated them just to be sure. No luck. The only way the game will run is, for some reason, with the shortcut in the folder of the install, but you can't run a shortcut with VDMS, so the sound is screechy and frightening

My next attempt was to copy all of the files from the CD and run them from the harddrive, which also failed.

So, I located the voice files (.TLK), and copied them to the folder of the working version I got from this site. However, I have no idea how to enable voices, or whether the files will even work with Abandonia's version of the game, because I think the CD release is a newer version (instead of one main.exe, it has maindos.exe and mainwin.exe).

So, any ideas are appreciated.
feminista is offline                         Send a private message to feminista