Thread: Tubular Worlds
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2005, 01:35 PM   #7
axm

Me too disagrees with the review. Ever wondered what the blue dots do? 100 of them give you a shield holding off one hit. Also, unlike on hard, on easy you keep your improvements after death. I don't remember normal now. I agree that it helps to know the levels, but that applies to all shooters that have not completely boring levels where remembering is hard.

Doubler, I also completely disagree with your post above, a save game function is not nessaraly required, tubworlds is anyway rather short. The multiplayer part is exactly the point, where it could be improved, although I haven't seen any promising approaches yet (Tyrian gave the possibility to combine 2 ships, but they were simply stronger divided). The only tactic - apart from who takes which upgrade - you have is "kill left, I kill right". And after a time both ships will fly with green or at least golden fire system, blue sucks.

Compared to Tyrian, tubworlds has a lot fewer functionalities, but I like the atmosphere, it is simply a self-contained, well rounded game. Thanks for the work with the review, but the game has not deserved a 3 - it is not industry standard, it is above standard.