View Single Post
Old 21-10-2004, 08:21 PM   #15
Andyc

1: Ordos (green) deviator (that brainwashing missile tank). I tried using it once - except I forgot that the effect was only temporary! Very useful against Harkonnen Devastators though! (brainwash them, then self destruct them before they regain their senses!) As for the spies, they were only good if they didn't run into anything along the way to the enemy base.

2: Er....has anyone else lost up to 10 tanks in a battle, simply because the computer BUILT a structure (heavy factory) on top of them? This was fixed in C&C, but in Dune2 having an enemy unit in the way didn't prevent a structure from being placed.

3: The Genesis (called Megadrive in Europe) version was easier in some respects - each "block" was relatively larger than on the PC version (so missile tanks were much more effective at attacking turrets - since they were less likely to miss - on the PC version, the missile had to score a direct hit to do any damage). That said, I'm not sure that Devastators could be self- destructed in the Genesis version.

4: At the end of the Atredies (is the spelling right?) campaign, the mentat and some guards enter the Emperor's throne room. He asks what is the meaning of this intrusion, and the mentat tells him that he is to be removed and charged with crimes against House Atreides. You see his face fall, then you see the whole planet go blue (since it's all Atreides owned now!).

5: Infantry and troopers are almost pointless here - I find it hard to capture buildings, due to the speed at which repairs are conducted (so it's hard to keep the enemy building in the "red zone" in terms of health). Also, they are soooo slow, and can all run over by even the slowest tank. However, I think they can be used as a sacrifice to those sandworms (I think these disappeared either if you hurt one by more than 50%, or if it had swallowed a certain number of units).