View Single Post
Old 30-11-2012, 03:43 AM   #18
ShadowBlade
Abandonia nerd

Unhappy

Awesome game, but I've been having some problems with it lately. Well, one: sometimes my plane seems to crash into an invisible hill. The game just stops, the crash sound plays and then I see the death screen, telling me I crashed into a hill. It's happened three times so far, ruining missions and really putting a dent into my enjoyment of an otherwise fantastic, unique game.

There's no hill. I can see hills and mountains around the map, but none anywhere near close for me to actually crash into. In all three cases I had been flying level, at a decent speed and altitude (once I was even 600ft above the ground!).

I'm using DOSBox 0.74, and this has happened at both 10000 and 7000 cycles. Copy protection always answered right (well, I quit whenever I fail: could the game be sabotaging itself for the future?). No joystick, AdLib sound. CPU core and type both on auto setting. I haven't really tweaked the default configuration much, and have no idea what might be causing this bizarre bug. Nobody else seems to be experiencing it, as far as my googling could see.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by ShadowBlade; 30-11-2012 at 03:48 AM.
ShadowBlade is offline                         Send a private message to ShadowBlade