View Single Post
Old 27-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #9
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
As you can see, the MIN and MAX are missing for the last two, the float and double, and I haven't figured out if there are any long/short/signed/unsigned versions of these two.
IIRC, long double is a thing. Float is what you'd describe as "short double", really.
As per the IEEE-754 specification, all floating point numbers are signed. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_floating_point for more details. And thank your deity of choice that you don't have to learn that in order to implement floating point operations in assembly... completely on CPU.

Also, you might be missing wchar_t but I don't remember for sure if it's a C or C++ thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
In C, not even the bit sizes and ranges of data types are defined uniquely. For example an int will be 32 bits long in a 32-bit environment, and 64 bits long in a 64-bit one. Most more recent languages do specify fixed sizes and ranges for all data types, but C is different in this regard.
IIRC, there is an include for that sort of thing (though my memory fails to provide the name).

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman