View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 08:30 PM   #50
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Sinjid
Meh, this part of the "Sinjid" series should have a second part of its title too, as this is the 3rd installment of the series (and probably the final part), made by the famous flash-programmer Krinn.

It is a good game, preserving the feeling of the series, which all three parts had a somewhat different interface, the first being a simply arena-game, the second a little walkaround sorrounding (and just for the hack of it this was called Arena).
This third is a "go from left to right", and is a real realtime action fighting design, like some old Stree Fighter series.

The graphic is nice, and the music-program is a new design implementing random parts mixing. Works ok, although I doubt anyone would care for the actual music here as it works really just a simple background thingy. At least it isn't something you'd automaticly look up how to turn off.

The abilities and their animations are ok. The best thing is, they are distinguishable from each other, what IS a good thing.

There are 4 classes, 1 being premium content. They are quit balanced, what is very surprising. I don't know when I saw last a game where the factions were made balanced in strength and capability.
Shops, money and items are pretty acceptably made too, you don't feel shops are out of reach or demand zounds of grinding in case you have to rely on them, what doesn't occur too many times, but amongst the latest items you always find something worth to add to what you found on field. So it is quit good.

The only problematic thing is 1) the "hidden" chests contain equipment not worthy for each class 2) the priest class what works heavily by focus is both slow because replenishing mana (called focus in game) is not as easy by food as health, and on hard difficulty where I tried out it is very hard to work out a priestly build what actually works (without grinding way above the naturally expected level).

The game won't be a thing we'll remember after years, but is very solid, and a promising prelude to Sonny 3.