View Single Post
Old 27-10-2018, 09:49 AM   #5
Eporedorix47
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackypanda View Post
Does anybody remember this game? It was a turn-based strategy game involving fleets of ships, forts, and movement was tile-based.
I hope I'm not being too vague. Any thoughts?
Hi, I remember this game even if I only played demo in 1996 like 8y old kid. Around month ago I had download it and install Windows 98SE on virtualbox. Installation went smooth but I had to install win installer 2.0. But graphics were terrible with no audio.
After one hour of trying various drivers I have installed DisplayDoctor 7 and register it with registration code found as a first search on google. After that you should be able to go with nice graphics even over 256colour.
Default virtual audio card need to be changed as there is no driver to support MIDI sound format which is Admiral using. If you will search for "MIDI w98se on virtualbox" you will get into right solution with win95 audio driver which needs to be unzipped and with right files you can install it on w98se.
Sorry for not very exact solution but I dont remember it very well as I did it during 2hours in work and I am on different machine with not much time now.
At the end you should be able to play the game smoothly with nice video/audio. The only thing which is not working fine is cursor which is blinking and this is making aiming harder but not a big deal anyway.
Eporedorix47 is offline                         Send a private message to Eporedorix47