Thread: Dungeon Master
View Single Post
Old 18-06-2011, 04:42 PM   #87
Ohne Mitleid
Brazen Pangolin

Fireballs: Now that you know that the dungeon is also your enemy, use extra caution. If you can, when you enter an area, look around for holes in the walls. Then determine which squares the fireballs would affect and try to avoid them if possible. For future reference, only one set of fireballs per wall can be active at any given time. You'll know why this is important...later...

Compass going crazy: There are areas you step on that spin the entire party in a different direction. Just face a direction you want to go and stick with it. Example: You are heading north, according to the compass. One step forward, now you are facing west. Turn back north and proceed. Very slow process, but if you consider this and the fireballs, maybe it's time to do some detailed mapping?

The thief (that annoying, giggling cartoon character): Remember when I said slime monster was the second most poorly drawn game enemy? Well, this dude it the first. It looks like a running raisin or small hunk of poo, if I remember correctly. The trick is to empty your hands and kill it with spells. I don't remember if it has a limit to the number of items it can carry/steal. In some areas, you will be able to trap it in a dead end. At that point, I would just beat it to death with punches and kicks instead of wasting spell mana. Don't get me wrong, it's clever in its intention. Steal your stuff, you give chase to get your stuff and end up getting lost in the process.

I think that covers it all. Nice to see you have opened your own channel.

Last edited by Ohne Mitleid; 18-06-2011 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Spelling... BAH!
Ohne Mitleid is offline                         Send a private message to Ohne Mitleid