View Single Post
Old 20-03-2012, 10:25 PM   #3
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy View Post
On Street Fighter wikia it says Vega and Balrog were replaced by Andy and Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury) in some versions.
I remember playing exactly this one version of Street Fighter II somewhere in 1995, got it from a flea market on one or two floppies. Nothing legal, I guess now. Back then I wasn't even aware it wasn't a true PC game, though it did look to me like some kind of port from Amiga or like, and did look very good. Better even than the Street Fighter II Turbo I got later actually, which was a true PC game. It was a full version too, you could select any character and play the game completely through.
On a side note, it did have MIDI music, though the music files weren't normal .mid files but .mdi files. They also sounded much better (more digital, much less synthetic) than default .mid files on my Soundblaster 16. I remember some Dos program I had back then supported and could play them, though I never again met any program since then that knew this format, nor any real info on what kind of MIDI format that was. Must have been some self-made, or little-known local kind of MIDI variation.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty