View Single Post
Old 25-04-2006, 12:47 AM   #6
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Yes, you will regret this in a year, if not sooner, though if you will actualy admit it to yourself is another thing.

You are in between selling your fine desktop system, using that money and hundrends more, to get a laptop of less speed and upgradability, for some extra convenience. If I were you, I would keep my money into my account, keep my desktop, and don't spend all that money for a laptop.
Now....if owning a laptop is actually going to bring more money into your wallet, so that you could for example buy a desktop next year, go for it. BUT, in that case, wouldn't it be better to buy the cheapest laptop available
(with a quick search I found this )
that will be fine for your editing.

As I have fallen into the trap before, a word of advice. Be absolutely certain that the only reason you want the laptop is for work/editing your documents. If you want it
because you just want a nice toy (though perhaps not admiting it ) then you will regret
it if you go for the plan of sellling your desktop pc and getting a mid-high end laptop.
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios