View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 09:17 AM   #466
VanDine

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmonster View Post
There are so many ways to create an effective party, what are the characters you want ?
Good question. I know what party I want but I don't know which characters, especially which races would fit my idea of party. And you can add to the difficulty of choosing the party creation itself - suppose I pick faerie race for monks profession... that one seems almost impossible to roll with half decent stats and I am unsure if choosing another race for monk (like dwarf or hobbit) would make it easier to roll (because of initial race stat requirements). My knowledge doesn't quite reach that far and trying to find out by try and miss would take me ages.

Otherwise when I played online where you play with single character only, in early years I started with warrior char (fighter, the other choices were wizard, taoist, assassin) but in later years I played assassin char. which would be equivalent to the hybrid chars here. So I want party of hybrids, not sure now if that extends only to professions or to races also.

Party weighted towards fighters is ok for those new to wizardry or maybe to gaming as such. That's why it was good to cut my teeth with fighter in that online game because it was fairly simple and easy to understand - you just use your club to stop all arguments, and bingo.

In race choice that rules out humans, lizards, dracons, and maybe others, because they are either ordinary (human LOL) or dumb fighters.

I rolled F faerie monk with bonus 18 but that didn't leave enough points by far for Vitality. I would have needed to roll bonus like 24 I think to bring Vit to 16 and that is almost like winning jackpot
I learned that maybe it is not such a good idea to try for faerie monk or maybe one has to settle for some quite ungainly stats.

It would be handy to have some stats table where you could see right away which race is optimal (not best) for which profession in terms of how realistic it is to roll it with acceptable stats.
---------------
From that table you can see that to make a Gnome Ninja (for example) would eat up 17 points from your rolled bonus (to satisfy char requirements) leaving you with Vit 12 which means to then get Vit at least up to 16 pts you would need 17+4 points = 21 bonus to roll or higher... Correct?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Race-Class Table.jpeg
Views:	345
Size:	170.5 KB
ID:	1797  Click image for larger version

Name:	Race-Class (Hybrids only) Table.jpeg
Views:	226
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	1798  

Last edited by VanDine; 07-05-2013 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Adding tables
VanDine is offline                         Send a private message to VanDine