View Single Post
Old 22-09-2013, 11:51 PM   #3385
Mr. Barman

Out of curiosity, what are people's preferred/standard loadouts for their soldiers?

I like to play Superhuman without alien infantry weapons technology. I use a team of 10 soldiers and a cannon/laser tank in three squads - two of four soldiers, and one of two.

For a Skyranger:

Squads A and B:
Scout - Laser Pistol, two smoke grenades, four grenades, medikit, stunrod.
Rifleman - Laser Rifle, smoke grenade, two grenades, medikit, stunrod.
Support 1 - Auto Cannon, 1 AP magazine, 1 HE magazine, (1 IE on night missions), smoke grenade, two grenades, medikit.
Support 2 - Heavy Laser, smoke grenade, two grenades, medikit.

Squad C:
Rifleman 1 - Laser Rifle, smoke grenade, two grenades, medikit.
Rifleman 2 - Laser Rifle, smoke grenade, two grenades, medikit.

For any mission where terror units are expected Squad C Rifleman 2 replaces the Laser Rifle with a Rocket Launcher, Laser Pistol, and three large rockets in their backpack. Rifleman 1 stays the same but takes an extra three large rockets their backpack too.

During missions I split Squads A and B into two fireteams each, with the Scouts and Riflemen pairing with either Support 1 or 2, and advance in such a way that the fireteams can provide cover for each other.

Squad C is overwatch and secures an elevated position ASAP. They stay as far back as possible (without losing LOS on Squads A and B, or any areas where there may be potential targets) and are always the first to fire on targets spotted, but double as Terror Unit Hunters during any missions they may be encountered.

The tank is an expendable armoured scout - if there is a large open area for the soldiers to cross it will advance first, once smoke is deployed, to draw fire and allow the fireteams to cross (usually) unscathed. Otherwise, it'll act as a blocking force by holding a strategic position near targets while a fireteam moves into a flanking position or secures other areas of the map.
Mr. Barman is offline                         Send a private message to Mr. Barman