View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 11:47 AM   #12
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Of course I didn't mean to say there are no really good games out still made today. There would be enough of those, though I don't keep that close attention at them lately, I got to admit that. I do look once and again at what's the newest "big thing" like once in a year, though.
The thing is, can you compare today's diversity of what's available with the huge diversity of what's been available during the 90's? There's always been trash, and among it also good games, that didn't change all that much. However I don't exactly remember a serial production of the same line of game title(s) over and over again, as you can see some of them now, being widely practiced earlier. Today, it seems to be a clear treand. Wouldn't that naturally show a certain decline of imagination? Of course there're other factors too, as in more conservative planning with the available budget and higher restrictions and/or rushing of the publishers who oversee a production of a game, but they've also been there earlier.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty