View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 05:23 AM   #295
Temporary
Default No Title

Well, well. Looka here.

While I was Googling some ancient stuff to refresh my Olde Grey Matter, all of a sudden outta left field, in rushes Pat Wyatt with his recollection of the humble Warcraft beginnings:

He mentions a lot of the stuff I already have mentioned here. Plus he corrects me by mentioning it was actually Allen Adham who insisted the game should look like a toy box instead of Black Gothic. You have surely read the article already, but I had no idea it was out there, even. Whoda thunk?

Not to toot my own horn, but back in the day I maintained somewhat of a correspondence with mr Wyatt regarding--among other things--Warcraft: Orcs and Humans. He was, after all, effectively the sole programmer of the main game. The emails are long gone, but I recall he mentioned he would very much like the source code for the game released under a GNU license, while at the same time lamenting the fact he has no clout with his former company anymore. As an aside, I wish I could toot my own horn, but I am not limber enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlibble View Post
Any chance you would share that[?]
Sure, if I can find it.