View Single Post
Old 16-09-2020, 12:11 PM   #514
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Monster Train

Well, finaly something I like.

This is a computer card game, similar to the "original" MAgic the Gathering/Tragic the Gardening.
I never had the chance before dwelving into collecctible cardgames, so I welcomed this one.

This also places your units in an environment (a magical train which makes its own trail), and not just cards on a paste, so doubly good.

What it lacks, is building your deck, because every time you start with the starter deck (of a faction, which has two champion, aka. two starter deck), but oh well. During game you collect crads and things randomised. So consider this, and prepare to loose a lot in this "roguelike", but I'm fine, the replayability is way higher for me this way. There's no ultimate deck and ultimate strategy to WIN the game once and for all.

It is also fást-paced, a full go takes 1-3 hours (depending on your care, thinking effort, experience). Compare this to Darkest Dungeon where a single fight takes this long!

It also a ton of unlocks/achievements to inspire you to move out of your comfort zone, and do more stuff.

And it loooks fine.

Could use a bit more story and lore, but I'm even fine with its satanist state, because it is smooth, nice, bug-free, and enjoyable.