View Single Post
Old 02-11-2006, 09:36 PM   #6
irish411

[Inside my new "c:\jeux\Dgate" directory, there is another Dgate directory which contain the game in question. That directory is named "c:\jeux\Dgate\Dgate".

Fired up DOSBox 0.63 (never got around to get the new version yet), typed in "mount d: c:\jeux\Dgate" and typed D: to get to d:\. I then typed "cd Dgate" to get in the newly mounted "d:\Dgate" directory, and typed "Dgate.exe".]

I have set up a DOS file in which I install all of my DOS games to be run by DOSBox. All of my game files are under the folder "CDrive" as recommended by Abandonia's walkthrough for installing DOSBox. At the moment, my DGATE folder is under "c:\DOS\CDrive\Dgate". I typed "mount d: c:\DOS\CDrive\DGate" and got a confirmation message. I then typed "d:" to switch to D:, but when I typed DGATE again, all I got was "Illegal command: dgate". Could it be that there is a conflict of commands? My CD ROM is already mounted as D:...could that be the problem, and if so, then how do I fix this. Thank you all for your assistance.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
irish411 is offline                         Send a private message to irish411