View Single Post
Old 15-10-2013, 12:12 AM   #10
MrFlibble
Abandonia Homie

I'm happy to help! Especially since your research seems quite important.

I forgot to mention in my last post that I also informed Theodor Lauppert of your interest.

Also, did I mention that VOGONS is the official forum of DOSBox, the most widely used cross-platform DOS emulator (or, more accurately, an emulator of "an Intel x86 PC, complete with sound, graphics, mouse, joystick, modem, etc., necessary for running many old MS-DOS games that simply cannot be run on modern PCs and operating systems, such as Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Linux and FreeBSD" [source])?

I don't think I know any "hobbyist" DOS emulators that were written from scratch, but since DOSBox is Open Source, there are numerous custom builds and a fair share of frontends that are aimed at making DOSBox more user-friendly for those who don't like using the command prompt.

I have used console emulators in the past, and this website seems to be a very decent place. I think it only offers legal content, and lots of useful tools in addition to emulators for various systems.

And here's a website about Amiga emulation: Lemon Amiga. Another site that may be useful to you is this database of Amiga games. I haven't used either much, but they seem to be good sources anyway.