Thread: Close Combat
View Single Post
Old 16-06-2008, 11:04 PM   #7
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

i wish i had a good pc, so i could also get first to fight.

GI Combat is ok, it's made by some of the ppl that made Close Combat..

And i love Brothers In Arms, just cause it's D-Day and on (later in the series, like Earned in Blood, Hell's highway, and supposibly the next ones supposed to be in the Battle of the Bulge) but it's first person shooter, with tactical elements, and realism, cus you can't just go clash and slash, Dont think it's tactical? Example. On one of the levels, i had a Flak 88 on top of a hill, with i think a 4 man german fire team protecting it's rear flank, so what did I do? I went to the side, and planted a charge on a hedge/wall thingie, and then ran threw it up the hill, and luckily it only got one shot off, and missed my squad and I took out the gun crew, then flanked the germans protecting it's flank, thats when i lost a guy. When i got my squad to form up at the top of the hill, one of m guys was running to me and right when he stopped, his head like, exploded and he was dead...

Anyways, time for my close combat experiences....

I've played Bridge to far on my bro's pc, cus he has full version, and in like a home made mappy thingie, We had 2 german mortar crews set up in two different forests, and a Panzer on a hill nearby, watching the lower lands, aswell as heavy german resistance in the near by town. SOOOO I got an artillary strike on the hill, which sadly failed because the Panzer moved to support the town, but was destroyed by my anti-tank gun, and then i got a squad to cover the rest of my platoon/company while they ran for the little forests under heavy mortar fire, and managed to destroy the 2 mortar crews.

Then, i pulled my squad out of the town and had my men line he tree line of the forest, and all the german squads who came met the deafening barrage of my anti-tank gun, as well as withering machine gun fire. After about 15 minutes of this, I bombarded the town for a bit, then moved all my squads in, and captured all the key points
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb