View Single Post
Old 23-04-2020, 01:17 PM   #2
zirkoni
Game Wizzzzzzard

Getting old Windows games to run on a newer PC/operating system is not always the easiest thing to do, especially if you're not very knowledgeable about such things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatcatcat View Post
When I try to launch, getting error:

C:/Users/beatcat/appData/Local/Microsoft/Windows/GameExplorer/{a7b5a4a4-c2ca-4a4.../Play.Ink is not a valid Win32 application
No idea what this is, looks like a broken path. Maybe instead of trying to start the game from that "Play game" dialog, navigate to the game's install path on you hard drive and start the game's executable from there.

Quote:
Downloaded VirtualCloneDrive next, and it appears as clear as mud, makes no difference.
VirtualCloneDrive is just a program that you can use to mount a CD-image (like that BIN/CUE pair of files) as if it was a real physical CD in your PC's CD-drive. But if you already burned the image to a physical CD and that works, then I don't think this would make any difference. (well, it might, modern CD/DVD-drive vs old drive, etc, who knows)

Quote:
Could someone, please, for gods sake, walk me through this?
- I don't have Windows 7 so I can't test it myself
- I don't want to install some old Windows game, so I can't test it myself
- Usually just trial and error (and searching the Internet for solutions) is the best way to solve problems with Windows games